Push your boundaries and take a leap in a new direction with an exciting career in the Wedding & Event Industry!
The wedding planning field is now a multi-million industry, which can serve a skilled wedding planner with an excellent career choice.
As “The Wedding Planner” you can be involved at various levels of the wedding day. Your involvement could be anything from sourcing one single supplier to planning and managing every aspect of someone’s big day.
Aside from having natural qualities such as good organsational and communication skills, you will require additional skills and knowledge of the industry including Business Management to ensure your success.
Why should I enrol onto this course?
Enrol onto this course and you can pursue your career as a Wedding Planner and Event Manager, from home!
This course will also be very useful to you if you wish to plan your own perfect wedding.
A career in wedding planning will allow you to work flexible hours.
12 engaging modules will deliver a wealth of skills and knowledge which will play an important part towards your learning interests and give you further scope for specialising as you become more experienced.
This programme is the perfect supplement to your daily routine as it will be studied and completed online, meaning that you will be able to learn from anywhere, at anytime using any device, without affecting your other commitments.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
This course will prepare you with skills and knowledge to pursue a career as a wedding planner or a wedding planner’s assistant, either on a sole trader basis or as part of a larger wedding planning organisation.
On completion of this course you will:
- Gain an insight into the role of a wedding planner and the purposes of event management as well as be able to ascertain which will be the most appropriate type of wedding ceremony to suit each clients needs.
- Understand the essential facets of customer service that a wedding planner should adhere to.
- Learn how to build excellent relationships with clients, and recognize the importance of good communication with clients to design the perfect wedding theme.
- Study the difference between the process for organising a church wedding and the organisation behind coordinating a civil partnership ceremony.
- Know the elements required to plan an overseas wedding, and be prepared with potential downfalls involved in organising a wedding overseas.
- Identify and describe the different types of overseas wedding packages available and get familiar with the various types of marriage laws that may be encountered when planning an overseas wedding.
- Explore the process for identifying the most appropriate suppliers of goods and services. This will include sourcing various locations and venues, wedding party outfits, flowers and décor, food and entertainment as well as many additional items the client needs for their special day.
- Identify the management functions of an event manager and look at the characteristics of a successfully planned event.
- Explore the general planning process for Catering, Food and Beverage administration and identify the factors that should be considered when planning a menu. Be mindful of the importance of alcohol and beverage planning.
- Discover the process and strategies for setting up and marketing a home-based wedding planning business and identify the necessary financial documentation required for a small business.
- Identify and describe the various pieces of legislation that a wedding planner may need to abide by.
- Identify the personal characteristics that are required to succeed in the field of event management.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- No pre-requisite to enrol on to this course.
- Surprisingly, the Wedding Planning and Events Management Course has no entry requirements, other than personal motivation, desire and a genuine interest in the subject matter.
- Fast track your career with the knowledge, insight and information that you will learn by completing this course.
- Enjoy the convenience of studying from anywhere at any time, using any device.
- Study online at your own pace and in your own time.
- At the end of each unit there is a multiple choice question assessment, which is a great way to help you remember the main points of each lesson and confirmation that you have retained the essential knowledge.
- Once you have successfully completed all the modules for your course, you will be awarded: An endorsed Diploma.
- The Wedding Planner Role
- Church Weddings, Civil Ceremonies and Civil Partnerships
- Preparing a Wedding Overseas
- Preparing a Themed Wedding
- Planning of Goods and Services Required
- Setting up a Home Based Wedding Planning Business
- Getting to Know Your Employees
- An Overview of Event Management
- Planning in Event Management
- Human Relations
- Catering and Food Services
- A Career in the Field of Event Management