Women and men share many similar health problems, but women also have their own health issues, which deserve special consideration.
Sign up for this course and encompass the unique needs, challenges and life transitions in women’s lives.
Become more mindful of women’s health matters and benefit from valuable advice yourself.
Gain speciality knowledge and be able to provide comprehensive woman-focused health care by helping others to make wise lifestyle choices to prevent disease and improve their overall well-being.
Why should I enrol onto this course?
You will have easy online access to this self-paced programme, which consists of 12 information packed modules, giving you the flexibility to study in your own time around your current commitments. This comprehensive programme will equip you with essential know-how towards a very fulfilling life and career.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
This course will provide you with the latest information with regards to the intricate workings of the female body, as well as valuable knowledge to help you set up a practice as a Womens Health Practitioner.
- Understand the functioning of human body systems.
- Learn about the structure of Cells and Tissues.
- Understand the functioning of the Sensory Organs.
- Understand the purpose of the Endocrine System.
- Understand the structure of the Female Menstrual Cycle.
- Understand the monthly female hormonal activity.
- Understand the functioning of Homeostasis.
- Look at the differences in the male and female brain.
- Understand techniques for improving your Mind, Study Habits and Creativity.
- Explore the differences between the Conscious, Relaxed, Theta and Sleep state of mind.
- Understand the role of brainwaves and the measurement of vibrations.
- Understand the benefits of key essential nutrients protein, carbohydrate, sugar and fat.
- Identify the classifications of essential nutrients into Macro and Micro – Nutrients.
- Understand the source of fat-soluble vitamins and the associated health benefits.
- Understand the Physiology of stress and how it effects the body.
- Understand how stress effects relationships with other people.
- Recognise how stress can be managed / reduced effectively.
- Understand the condition Pre-menstrual syndrome.
- Understand what happens internally during a Period.
- Understand the Nutrients needed for Pre-menstrual syndrome treatment.
- Understand the symptoms of Menopause.
- Identify treatments available for Menopause.
- Understand lifestyle and Nutritional alterations which would be advised for a menopausal woman.
- Understand factors for why Testicular Cancer is increasing.
- Understand the role of Oestrogen.
- Identify “Endocrine Disruptors” and how to reduce exposure.
- Understand why fatty acids are important to various bodily and mental functions.
- Identify how fatty acids effect the brain and brain cell numbers.
- Understand how fatty acids can be simply and cheaply added to a persons diet.
- Understand the role of the Colon, Liver, Skin and Lungs in the process of Elimination.
- Learn about the term “Detoxification” and identify simple steps to improve health through reducing the intake of toxins.
- Discover the Lymphatic systems role in elimination.
- Understand the basic components of fitness.
- Understand the recommended daily amount of exercise and the benefit for the body.
- Explore simple alternatives / exercises that can be included into a working day to meet the recommended guild lines.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- No pre-requisite.
- Available with immediate access from anywhere.
- It can be studied in your own time, at your own pace.
- At the end of each unit there is a multiple choice question assessment, which is a great way to help you remember the main points of each lesson and confirmation that you have retained the essential knowledge.
- The knowledge from this course can be used to set up a practice as a Women’s Health practitioner.
- Gain a valuable qualification for your current portfolio, and further enhance your career by combining it with other courses such as counselling, stress management, weight consultancy and nutrition.
- Human anatomy
- The female body – hormones & female monthly cycle
- General nutrition for the female
- Understanding male & female brain differences
- Enhancing mental (cognitive) efficiency – Mindstates & nootropics supplements
- Reducing female stress – nutrition, relaxation techniques & contacting the “Inner Wise Woman”
- Pre-menstrual Tension (PMT) – symptoms and natural solutions
- Menopause – symptons, the HRT controversy and natural solutions
- Xenoestrogens – origin and influence
- Essential fatty acids – the forgotten nutrients
- Exercise & elimination
- Exercise for females through the age spectrum