Ever watched a movie and wondered what it’s like to step behind the camera? Maybe you’re already involved in films on a local scale and have ambitions to make it into a career. Wherever your interest in cinematography comes from, this exciting video-based course will introduce you to many of the fundamentals involved in being a film cameraman, and teach you some of the basics needed to start in the role of cinematographer.
וואָס וועט איך לערנען?
Being a good cinematographer is all about technical proficiency and an understanding of the tools that bring stories to life – and in some cases how an understanding of those tools can prompt creative input on set. Nearly five hours of video content will cover topics such as cameras, lenses, accessories, filters and lighting control, director of photography, and tips for breaking into the film business.
וועמען איז די קאָרסמאַנט?
This video course is ideal for anyone who wants to learn some of the important concepts in film-making, and what the job of a cinematographer involves. Through the nine different modules of the course, experienced industry professional Matt Whiteman will provide a good mix of theory, history and practical knowledge, so you will finish with a basic grounding that you can take forward on your next steps into this exciting industry.
שליסל לערנען ווייזט
To gain an understanding of the role a cinematographer has in the film industry, and learn the basic tools of the trade, and filming concepts.
Introduction To Cinematography & Types Of Camera
- Introduction to the course topics.
- ENG or broadcast cameras.
- DSLR cameras and the DSLR camera cage.
- Practical look at still photographic lenses for DSLR Cameras.
- Examining cinema lenses in more detail.
- Looking at the different aspects of the lenses, such as focus marks.
- Become familiar with zoom lenses and their different focal lengths.
- Learn how a tripod helps you get the shot you need.
- The function of a tripod and how it affects shots.
- Examine the different parts of a tripod and how they work.
- Tips for buying a tripod.
Resolutions and Colour Space
- Defining resolutions commonly used to film with.
- How to maximise a camera’s filming capabilities.
- Filming and editing resolutions.
- Introducing colour space, and what makes up the different colours in a video.
- Benefits and drawbacks of using the RAW format vs. using colour space options.
What is a Director of Photography?
- Introducing the director of photography role.
- Input they provide to camera department, costumes, and lighting.
- Input to producers and directors to achieve the best filming result.
- Camera operation, lighting the scene correctly and choosing filming environments.
- Technical understanding of how cameras record light.
- Preparing for a job and client requirements.
- Different types of projects you might be asked to film.
- Use of filtration in cinematography.
- What are ND filters?
- Diffusion filters for lenses and how to use them.
- Shooting problems and how to solve them with filtration.
Lights and Lighting Control
- Lighting control demonstration videos.
- A look at two commonly used types of light, the open faced and the fresnel.
אַדוואַנטאַגעס פון דעם קורס
- An all-video course, so you can see some of the cinematography equipment and their features.
- Insight and explanation from a cinematographer with 16 years’ experience.
- Interact with other learners on the platform and offer them support.
- Track your progress, and re-visit topics at any time.
- An easy course to fit around your everyday life.
- Gain an understanding of the tools used and the role of a cinematographer.
- A good mix of practical explanations and insight.
- Introduction to Cinematography and Types of Camera
- Resolution and Color Space
- What is a Director of Photography
- Lights and Lighting Control
- דריי פונט ליגהטינג
- Breaking Into the Business